Improve Job Site Management Techniques to Increase Profitability and Customer Satisfaction
Developed by Charles C. Shinn, Jr., PhD
The Superintendent’s Job: Front Line Manager seminar is designed as an interactive experience to help your team improve job site management techniques. This specialized training provides the necessary tools to increase overall profitability and customer satisfaction through a strong focus on building the house right the first time: on quality, on budget, and on time.
- Maximizing total job site performance
- Establishing detailed, efficient schedules and managing defensively to deliver the house on time
- Evaluating and reducing variances by implementing an effective variance control program
- Implementing effective construction and cost saving techniques
- Building positive working relationships to get the most from suppliers and trades
- Managing and streamlining the implementation of change orders in the field
- Increasing customer satisfaction with an organized construction process
- Improving job site safety
Sessions will run Thursday and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to noon.
Nonmember Registration Fee: $2,500
Builder Partnerships Member: $2,000
PLEASE NOTE: Seminar dates are subject to change due to the uncertainty caused by COVID-19 and the potential impact on travel. We are deferring collecting payments for registrations until closer to the event.
Space is limited. Registering now will hold your spot. We will give registrants as much notice as possible should the event need to be rescheduled.
Registration fee includes tuition, seminar manual, and refreshment breaks. It does not include hotel room, meals, or travel.
- Cancellations up to 10 business days prior to the event are subject to a 5% processing fee.
- No refunds are given for cancellations within 10 business days prior to the event. Full credit will be applied towards registration for a future event.
Builder Partnerships / Shinn Consulting reserves the right to cancel or change a seminar at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to insufficient enrollment and trainer availability. If we need to cancel or change a seminar, registrants will be given the option of a refund or transferring to the next available date. Builder Partnerships / Shinn Consulting is not liable for any expenses incurred due to seminar changes or cancellations.
What Builders are Saying
"Thank you so much for the seminar, The Superintendent's Job: Front Line Manager. I believe I speak for the whole group of builders when I tell you that your seminars are interesting and very informative. Year after year you continue to energize us and give us new ideas and options to look at in the field. Also, I wanted to thank you for continuing to go to bat for us on some issues that sometimes need to be looked at a little harder." -Ideal Homes
"I just wanted to drop you a few lines after attending my second seminar (Superintendent's Job) with you (Chuck Shinn) at the helm. Just as I expected, it was an extremely informative three days. Once again Mr. Shinn, you have done an excellent job of staying on the cutting edge in all aspects of the residential construction industry (due, I'm sure in large part, to your research and direction). I asked you to send me four "pumped up" superintendents, and you delivered! Thank you, Mr. Shinn, for your love and obvious dedication to this industry." -Wilshire Homes
"I just wanted to let you know that all my people who attended your seminar (The Superintendent's Job) were really excited when they got back. We had a meeting yesterday and discussed what they had learned and I believe we will be able to fine tune our operations for continued success. Thank you for all the good work you do." -Hall Quality Homes