|In Part 2 we discuss using Job Costing to Locate and Charge for Lost or Invisible Costs. Here are just a few of the highlights:
Click here to listen to Part 2.
- If you DON’T job-cost, it’s easy to miss various Time and Materials (T&M) costs that accumulate on a job.
- Even when you charge a fixed price for your projects, you may very well encounter Change Orders as a job progresses.
- If you’re job costing, many software programs (such as QuickBooks desktop) will help you easily convert job costs into Invoices.
- If you fail to invoice your customer because you don’t see the costs related to each job, you’re losing the out-of-pocket costs for the related materials or labor, as well as your accompanying mark up.
- Missed invoicing means that you (and your family) are making costly gifts to your customers!
- When you can invoice based on accurate information, you’ll earn more WITHOUT SELLING MORE, HIRING MORE PEOPLE, OR WORKING HARDER!
To your success,
P.S. You'll receive Part 3 of this series next week.
P.S.S. Click here to listen to Part 1.