The Kwikset App Entry and Features
Without the need of a smart home hub, Halo opens the door – literally and figuratively – for users, allowing them to operate, manage, and monitor their locks through their smartphones, using the Kwikset app from anywhere there's an Internet connection. With the ability to lock and unlock, manage user codes, view lock activity, receive lock notifications, and much more, Halo brings the ultimate in security and convenience to one’s fingertips.
Through the app, one can customize an assortment of user codes, including:
- Anytime codes. Perfect for family members and others who come and go frequently, these codes can be used every day at any time.
- Limited by date codes. Ideal for vacationers who are only meant to stay from one date to another, these codes can be used anytime within the date range set.
- Weekday and time-specific codes. These codes can be used on certain days and at certain times and are great for housekeepers and others.
- One-time codes. These codes can only be used for a 24-hour timespan and are perfect for giving access to anyone who requires a single instance of entry, such as a contractor.
For those using the touch screen version of Halo, users can rest assured they are protected by Kwikset’s patented SecureScreen™ technology. SecureScreen technology provides an additional layer of security that prevents against unwanted entry commonly associated with touchscreen locks. It employs random digits prior to entering one’s user code to prevent fingerprint and code detection on the touchscreen surface.
No matter the style of Halo you choose, both offer the ability to use traditional keys when needed. In addition, both styles feature Kwikset’s patented Advanced SmartKey Security™, which provides strong resistance against both common and advanced break-in methods, such as torque attacks and lock bumping, and passes the most stringent lock-picking standards. SmartKey Security also allows homeowners to reset their security by re-keying their locks quickly and easily, rendering lost, loaned, or unreturned keys useless.
In addition to its three entry modes, Halo boasts an assortment of additional features and top-rated security certifications, as well as an evolving platform. Additional features include:
- One-Touch Locking. The keypad features a one-touch button for convenient locking from the outside
- Secure Mode. This allows users to temporarily disable the keypad to prevent unwanted entry.
- Low Battery Alerts. Alerts provide audible beeps and visual flash when batteries are low.
- Code Alarm. Alarm sounds after three consecutive incorrect codes are entered.
- Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Compatibility. Lock and check the status of the Halo using voice commands with either virtual assistant
- 20-Minute Fire Rating
- Tamper-resistant Interior Cover
- Motorized Deadbolt
Kwikset works hard to understand the world we live in, so they do everything they can to protect it. Kwikset’s unwavering commitment to meeting homeowners’ needs has inspired its innovative lock portfolio. They continue to build a robust, diverse automation network with other smart home product and system providers to give Halo Smart Locks homeowners the ability to build a fully automated smart home, starting at the front door.