High direct construction costs are the leading cause of low profits for home builders. Over-engineering and inefficient design are part of the problem. Performance engineering is the solution. Simply put, performance engineering is getting the best performance at the best price.
If you missed our recent webinar on performance engineering featuring our senior consultant, Ed Hauck, here are the key takeaways related to home design:
- Designing cost-effective homes is a fundamental component of performance engineering
- Builders willing to make tough decisions when designing homes have higher profit margins
- Developing company standards for everything structural and sharing codes and policies with your design team helps control costs and prevent over-engineering
- It’s important to know enough to ask the right questions and challenge the design team
- Having more than one architect and/or design engineer provides the benefit of multiple perspectives and skill sets
Shinn Consulting is here to help. Our consultants have a proven track record of helping builders implement performance engineering strategies to reduce costs and increase profits. During a recent client visit, we identified simple plan and specification changes that would save the builder $12,000 per home.
Contact us at 303-972-7666 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discover how we can help you reduce direct construction costs, streamline operations, and guide new product design towards efficiency and cost control.