On-Demand Training Powered by IBACOS
This program contains 6 learning courses of material: Fundamentals, Roofs, Windows and Doors, Walls, Foundations, and Mold Assessment and Remediation.
This technical training is intended for job site managers, warranty representatives, or anyone involved in ensuring a quality product is delivered to the home buyer. Courses include valuable information about problems to watch out for and strategies to implement on the job site to ensure good water management at every stage of foundation construction.
Water Management: Fundamentals contains two modules:
- Module 1, Why water management matters, addresses the cosmetic damage, structural deterioration, and mold growth that can be caused by water intrusion. In addition, it explains how water intrusion occurs through the natural forces of gravity, wind, surface tension, capillary action, and hydrostatic pressure.
- Module 2, Water management principles, explains how to prevent water intrusion by providing positive drainage, installing a continuous drainage plane, layering building materials shingle style, properly flashing critical areas, providing capillary breaks, and applying waterproofing.
Water Management: Roofs discusses roofing construction with a focus on the water management strategies you must use to prevent mold growth and other water damage to the home.
- Module 1, How to build roofs that drain water, presents the challenges to providing drainage for the roof, and the overall strategy you must apply to meet them. This module gives you a broad base of problems to watch out for and strategies to implement on the job site, so that you can ensure good water management at every stage of roofing construction.
- Module 2, Installation details for water management, covers the details of installation, showing you the how the roof underlayment , exterior roofing, and flashings throughout the roof should be installed to provide good water management.
Water Management: Windows and Doors contains two modules:
- Module 1, Openings and water management, presents common installation problems and gives you the solutions that promote drainage around windows, doors, and skylights, so that you can use the best practices on site and explain water management principles to other construction professionals.
- Module 2, Installation details for good water management, walks through the construction details of flashing windows, doors, and skylights, so that you can recognize and correct potential problems on the job site to ensure good water management.
Water Management: Walls contains two modules:
- Module 1, Wall systems and water management, explains how the wall cladding, drainage plane, and flashings work together to drain water from the walls, shows common installation problems, and presents good water management solutions to these problems.
- Module 2, Installation details for good water management, walks through the installation details for various wall systems so that you can recognize and correct poor construction details on the job site to ensure good water management.
Water Management: Foundations discusses foundation construction with a focus on water management strategies that promote positive drainage and prevent mold growth and other water damage to the home.
- Module 1, Providing drainage and preventing water intrusion, presents the challenges to providing drainage and preventing water intrusion through the foundation, and the strategies you must apply to meet them. This module gives you a broad base of problems to watch out for and strategies to implement on the job site, so that you can ensure good water management at every stage of foundation construction.
- Module 2, Construction details for good water management, covers the details of foundation construction with a focus on providing drainage and preventing water intrusion, including the critical construction details for the drainage system, the waterproofing system, the vapor retarder, window flashing, backfill, and the final grade.
While there's no such thing as a totally mold-free home, once mold caused by a construction problem is discovered, it must be removed promptly. The focus of the Mold Assessment and Remediation course is to teach you, a warranty representative, how to assess a mold problem and how to conduct or supervise remediation thoroughly, safely, and immediately.
Mold Assessment and Remediation contains two modules:
- Module 1, Assessing a mold problem, contains four lessons. In these lessons, you'll learn the causes of typical water problems and the resulting mold growth. Then, you'll learn how to investigate for mold, assess the amount of contamination, and determine the level of remediation that's needed. Lastly, we'll review suggestions for what to document during your assessment that would be useful for creating a mold remediation plan.
- Module 2, Remediating a mold problem, contains three lessons. The first lesson instructs you how to clean up small and mid-sized areas of mold. The second lesson contains guidelines for supervising mold remediation that's being done by an approved mold remediation company. The third lesson includes guidelines for determining when mold remediation has been completed. the processes for conducting remediation are based on guidelines from the New York City Department of Health (NYC DOH) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In all cases, refer to your company's policies.
This online learning experience has been designed to allow busy industry professionals to engage in the material at their own pace.
REGISTRANTS HAVE 60 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING.
BONUS LEARNING OPPORTUNITY: We will be offering one 30-minute live Q&A session each quarter for attendees of our online technical courses. Sessions will be open forum format with learners from across the country. Receive valuable guidance from one of our industry experts and hear from other learners in similar positions.
One attendee / one program from our on-demand technical training library:
$1,500 per attendee / per program
Multiple attendees or multiple programs from our on-demand technical training library:
$1,200 per attendee / per program*
*MUST REGISTER ALL ATTENDEES AT THE SAME TIME OR COMPLETE REGISTRATION FOR MULTIPLE PROGRAMS ON THE SAME DAY TO QUALIFY FOR THE MULTI-ATTENDEE / MULTI-PROGRAM DISCOUNT.
Prices subject to change without notice. Payment is required at the time of registration.