Original article by: BUILDER Online
The Frank Lloyd Wright bath collection is designed based on the architect’s philosophies and principles of organic architecture.
Brizo has created a new series of bath fixtures in collaboration with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation, developed to evoke the celebrated architect’s design philosophy and approach.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Collection’s faucets, tub fillers, shower systems, and accessories are all designed to incorporate Wright’s six principles of organic architecture: simplicity, individuality, belonging, palette, substance, and integrity. This is reflected in the collection’s mix of metallic and warm wood materials and innovative geometric arrangements.
“We have been honored to work with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation as we developed and designed this collection,” says Judd Lord, senior director of industrial design at Brizo. “Their dedication to create and inspire in the name of making life more beautiful mirrors our own steadfast commitment to inspire, challenge, and elevate the world around us through distinct design and unparalleled craftsmanship. Staying true to Frank Lloyd Wright’s vision of reinvention was core to our product development, and the Foundation’s incredible knowledge and deep reverence for that vision has been invaluable.”
The product suite includes:
- Lavatory faucets, featuring a side-mounted water flow from a rectangular spout, available in widespread, single-handle deck mount, and single-handle wall-mount configurations;
- Tub fillers, available in two-handle floor, deck, and wall-mount configurations;
- Shower systems, available with a pressure balance valve-only trim, TempAssure Thermostatic valve-only 3-function or 6-function integrated diverter trim, or Sensori thermostatic valve and volume control trims;
- A rectangular single-function raincan showerhead with integrated lighting; and
- Accessories, including 8-, 18-, and 24-inch towel bars; an open post tissue holder; a universal flush lever; a wall shelf; drawer knobs; drawer pulls; and a single robe hook.
The collection’s material palette draws inspiration from the natural world, pairing elemental metal tones with wood accents. Finish options include polished chrome, polished nickel, luxe nickel, luxe steel, polished nickel with wood, and luxe nickel with wood.
“People sometimes make the mistake of thinking Frank Lloyd Wright’s legacy is complete,” says Stuart Graff, president and CEO of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation. “But really, it’s ongoing. It’s not just about what he created in his lifetime—it’s about all the artists and all the disciplines he inspired and their work going forward. That’s why working with the Brizo brand has been such a delight. They understand that honoring Frank Lloyd Wright’s vision means continuing it. And in this collection, they have.” brizo.com