On-Demand Training Powered by IBACOS
This program contains 2 learning courses of material: Insulation and Air Sealing and Drywall.
The Insulation and Air Sealing course begins with an overview of the purpose of insulation and air sealing, how they relate to moisture management, and the types of insulation used in residential construction. Then it walks through the process of installing insulation and sealing for air-tightness throughout the home. This course provides guidelines for checking to ensure quality workmanship, energy efficiency, and compliance with energy codes and other energy-efficiency standards.
This technical training is intended for anyone interested in expanding their knowledge of insulation and air sealing and improving the drywall quality in the homes they build.
Insulation and Air Sealing contains five modules:
- Module 1, Insulation and air sealing overview, explains how insulation and air sealing slow down the rate of heat transfer to provide a comfortable indoor environment and reduce energy costs.
- Module 2, Moisture management, explains the relationship between moisture movement, insulation, and air sealing, and some of the basic strategies used to manage moisture with insulation and air sealing.
- Module 3, Insulation types, describes the types of insulation used in residential construction, how and where they're installed, and guidelines for installing them correctly.
- Module 4, Ensuring energy efficiency, walks through the installation and inspection process for insulation. Then it shows the areas to check for air sealing during construction.
- Module 5, Insulating the home, explains how insulation is installed in attics, sloped ceilings, stud walls, poured concrete and block masonry walls, and floors, and shows what to check to make sure you are getting a high-quality job.
In the Drywall course, you'll learn practical information that you can begin using to improve the drywall quality in the homes you build.
- Module 1, Overview of drywall, contains four lessons. You'll get an overview of the drywall process, learn about your role of quality-control during daily inspections, and review the various types and uses of drywall materials. You'll also learn about specific drywall application for wet and humid areas of the home and get an overview of the five levels of drywall finish.
- Module 2, Pre-drywall preparation, contains five lessons. You'll learn what to look for as you inspect the framing, mechanicals, and insulation, that could negatively affect the drywall installation. In addition, we'll discuss how to monitor the inside environment of the home and verify materials quality to ensure the best possible conditions for drywall installation.
- Module 3, Drywall installation, contains eight lessons. First we'll review the step-by-step installation process and discuss techniques for a quality drywall finish. Then, we'll move through each stage of installation, hanging through sanding, and point out quality issues that you'll need to spot and have repaired as soon as possible.
This online learning experience has been designed to allow busy industry professionals to engage in the material at their own pace.
REGISTRANTS HAVE 60 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING.
BONUS LEARNING OPPORTUNITY: We will be offering one 30-minute live Q&A session each quarter for attendees of our online technical courses. Sessions will be open forum format with learners from across the country. Receive valuable guidance from one of our industry experts and hear from other learners in similar positions.
One attendee / one program from our on-demand technical training library:
$500 per attendee / per program
Multiple attendees or multiple programs from our on-demand technical training library:
$400 per attendee / per program*
*MUST REGISTER ALL ATTENDEES AT THE SAME TIME OR COMPLETE REGISTRATION FOR MULTIPLE PROGRAMS ON THE SAME DAY TO QUALIFY FOR THE MULTI-ATTENDEE / MULTI-PROGRAM DISCOUNT.
Prices subject to change without notice. Payment is required at the time of registration.