On-Demand Training Powered by IBACOS
Construction 101: South
Construction 101: South is similar to the Construction 101 program, but with a focus on building in southern climates.
Building a home on a homesite is a complex process. It involves as many as 40 different companies and more than 200 individuals working together over several months. In addition, the majority of these people are working on multiple homes at once, each at various stages of completion.
As a sales representative, you're the main contact for your customers. To a homebuyer, you don't just represent the builder, you are the builder. You need to understand construction so you can set customer expectations appropriately from the early stages of the sales process. You need to answer customers' questions quickly and accurately as their homes are being built. More fully understanding the construction process also will help you to work effectively with other members of your team—site supervisors, purchasing agents, and warranty representatives.
This program is intended for sales representatives, office staff, or anyone interested in gaining general knowledge of the home building process.
Construction 101: South contains four modules:
- Module 1, The process, contains three lessons. We'll focus on the sequence of events during construction, and how two specific groups, customers and building inspectors, can impact the construction schedule.
- Module 2, The features and benefits, contains eight lessons. You'll learn about specific features of the home, and the benefit each has to the homebuyer.
- Module 3, The teams, contains three lessons. In these lessons, you'll learn more about the people involved in the construction process and the roles and responsibilities of each.
- Module 4, The communication tools, contains four lessons. We'll review various paper-based tools you and your co-workers use to record and transfer vital construction information accurately.
Once you complete this program, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain the sequence of events in the construction process, including customer and building inspector responsibilities and their potential impact on the construction schedule.
- Identify the features of commonly used construction practices and materials, and explain their benefits.
- Identify the groups involved in the construction process and define the roles and responsibilities of each group.
- Use construction-related communication tools common for sales representatives, and explain the benefits of quality control documents that site supervisors use.
REGISTRANTS HAVE 60 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING.
BONUS LEARNING OPPORTUNITY: We will be offering one 30-minute live Q&A session each quarter for attendees of our online technical courses. Sessions will be open forum format with learners from across the country. Receive valuable guidance from one of our industry experts and hear from other learners in similar positions.
One attendee / one program from our on-demand technical training library:
$250 per attendee / per program
Multiple attendees or multiple programs from our on-demand technical training library:
$200 per attendee / per program*
*MUST REGISTER ALL ATTENDEES AT THE SAME TIME OR COMPLETE REGISTRATION FOR MULTIPLE PROGRAMS ON THE SAME DAY TO QUALIFY FOR THE MULTI-ATTENDEE / MULTI-PROGRAM DISCOUNT.
Prices subject to change without notice. Payment is required at the time of registration.