On-Demand Training Powered by IBACOS
Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
This program contains 3 learning courses of material: SWPPP Compliance, SWPPP Runoff, Erosion, and Sediment Controls, and SWPPP Good Housekeeping and Measures.
The first course, SWPPP Compliance, describes the basics involved in the SWPPP process, from applying for coverage under the CGP to inspecting and maintaining BMPs to submitting the Notice of Termination (NOT) at the end of the project.
This technical training is intended for job site managers, or anyone interested in expanding their knowledge on the SWPPP process.
SWPPP Compliance contains 4 modules:
- Module 1, Stormwater pollution and the Clean Water Act, has 3 lessons. Lesson 1 explains the impact that development and construction can have on the environment. Lesson 2 describes the regulations and requirements that builders have to comply with. Lesson 3 explains the process of applying for coverage under the CGP.
- Module 2, Preparing the SWPPP, has 4 lessons. Lesson 1 describes the SWPPP. Lesson 2 describes the tasks involved in assessing the site when designing the SWPPP. Lesson 3 explains the runoff, erosion, and sediment controls. Lesson 4 describes how to manage non-sediment pollutants on the jobsite with good housekeeping measures.
- Module 3, Implementing and Inspecting BMPs, has 3 lessons. Lesson 1 describes the process of implementing the four types of BMPs on the jobsite. Lesson 2 details the process of inspecting the BMPs based on the schedule in the SWPPP. Lesson 3 explains the importance of properly training employees and subcontractors about stormwater pollution prevention.
- Module 4, Posting and recordkeeping, has 3 lessons. Lesson 1 details the process of documenting the findings of a BMP inspection. Lesson 2 describes how to be prepared for inspections from compliance inspectors. Lesson 3 explains the NOT and when the builder can file it.
The second course, SWPPP Runoff, Erosion, and Sediment Controls, describes the BMPs involved and explains how to inspect and maintain them. The information presented in this course regarding BMPs is based on the federal EPA's information on Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control and the California Regional Water Quality Control Board's Erosion and Sediment Control Field Manual for the San Francisco Bay Region (Third Edition, June 1999).
SWPPP Runoff, Erosion, and Sediment Controls contains four modules:
- Module 1, Controlling runoff, erosion, and sediment, has 4 lessons. It describes the impact construction activities have stormwater and explains how runoff, erosion, and sediment controls prevent stormwater pollution. It also explains why BMPs must be inspected and maintained throughout construction.
- Module 2, Runoff controls, has 7 lessons. It describes and covers the inspection and maintenance requirements for land grading, permanent diversions, preserving natural vegetation, check dams, filter berms, grass-lined channels, and riprap.
- Module 3, Erosion controls, has 13 lessons. It describes and covers the inspection and maintenance requirements for chemical stabilization, mulching, permanent seeding, sodding, soil roughening, geotextiles, gradient terraces, soil retention, slope drains, stream crossings, vegetated buffers, construction sequencing, and dust control.
- Module 4, Sediment controls, has 8 lessons. It describes and covers the inspection and maintenance requirements for stabilized construction entrances, diversion dikes, sand fences, barriers, silt fences, sediment basins, sediment traps, and storm drain inlet protection.
The third course, SWPPP Good Housekeeping Measures, covers the fourth type of BMPs, good housekeeping measures, which include the delivery, storage, and handling of construction materials, as well as waste management, spill prevention, and spill control. Good housekeeping measures generally prevent stormwater pollution from non-sediment pollutants — all pollutants other than sediment.
The information presented in this course is based on the federal EPA's information regarding Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control and the California Stormwater Quality Association's (CASQA) California Stormwater BMP Handbook for the construction industry.
SWPPP Good Housekeeping Measures contains four modules:
- Module 1, Preventing stormwater pollution from non-sediment pollutants, has 3 lessons. It describes the impact construction activities have stormwater and explains how good housekeeping measures prevent stormwater pollution. It also reinforces the importance of maintaining and documenting good housekeeping practices.
- Module 2, Preventing and controlling spills, has 4 lessons. It explains how to prevent spills and fluid leaks onsite, as well as how to control both incidental spills and emergency spills when they occur.
- Module 3, Handling construction materials, has 5 lessons. It gives practices to follow regarding the delivery and storage of construction materials, as well as procedures for handling concrete, fertilizer, detergent, and paint onsite to prevent stormwater pollution.
- Module 4, Enforcing proper waste disposal, has 2 lessons. It explains how to manage domestic waste, construction waste, and sanitary waste onsite to prevent stormwater pollution.
This online learning experience has been designed to allow busy industry professionals to engage in the material at their own pace.
REGISTRANTS HAVE 60 DAYS AFTER PURCHASE TO COMPLETE THE TRAINING.
BONUS LEARNING OPPORTUNITY: We will be offering one 30-minute live Q&A session each quarter for attendees of our online technical courses. Sessions will be open forum format with learners from across the country. Receive valuable guidance from one of our industry experts and hear from other learners in similar positions.
One attendee / one program from our on-demand technical training library:
$750 per attendee / per program
Multiple attendees or multiple programs from our on-demand technical training library:
$600 per attendee / per program*
*MUST REGISTER ALL ATTENDEES AT THE SAME TIME OR COMPLETE REGISTRATION FOR MULTIPLE PROGRAMS ON THE SAME DAY TO QUALIFY FOR THE MULTI-ATTENDEE / MULTI-PROGRAM DISCOUNT.
Prices subject to change without notice. Payment is required at the time of registration.